Brussel sprouts in a quiche?! FWAL you craaaazzzy!
It’s true – and I challenge you to give this a whirl. Interested in more brussel sprout options? Try Roasted Brussel Sprouts, Shredded Brussel Sprouts, and Cider Brussel Spouts with Caramelized Onions.
1- 9″ unbaked pie crust
1 1/2 cups brussel sprouts, washed and trimmed of gnarly ends
1 shallot, sliced
3 tablespoons white wine
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1/2 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon pepper
4 oz crumbled feta
1 1/4 cups 2% milk
1) Preheat oven to 425*F. Puncture raw crust with a fork and bake about 10 minutes. Crust will be partially baked at this point. Remove from oven and cool. Reduce oven temperature to 375*F.
2) Shred brussel sprouts. Heat skillet to medium heat with coconut oil. Saute shallot until softened, about 3 minutes, add shredded brussel sprouts, thyme, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Saute 4 minutes, add wine and cover pan. Cook about 5 minutes, or until sprouts are softened and brown. Remove from heat.
3) In a bowl, whisk eggs, milk and additional salt/pepper.
4) Place pie crust onto a baking sheet. Sprinkle brussel mixture into pie crust, add feta and pour beaten eggs over the top. You may need to tent foil around crust 10 minutes into baking if the crust is looking too brown. Bake at 375* for 30-40 minutes, or until center is not longer wobbly.
5) Let cool about 15 minutes and serve.