Foodie Note: Plan on 1-2 chops per person. If the meat monger doesn’t have this cut already, don’t hesitate to ask them to hook it up. It’s a very typical item to have in the back cooler.
¼ cup Olive oil
Kosher or sea salt/freshly cracked pepper
3lbs rack of pork (about 5-6 ribs)
1) Preheat oven to 475*F. Spray a baking pan with non-stick stray, place pork in pan.
2) Smother meat with olive oil and gently work into the meat and bones. Sprinkle liberally with salt and freshly ground pepper.
3) Place pan in the center of a hot oven uncovered; try not to open the oven for about 50 minutes because the heat is released and the temperature drops, which alters the high-temp roasting experience.
4) Cook until meat reaches 150*.
5) Remove from oven, tent with foil and let rest 8-10 minutes. The outside will be crispy and salty while the inside remains moist and flavorful.